Smart Eye is leading the global market for Driver Monitoring Systems, which will soon be a standard component in every car. Monitoring the driver behavior is safety critical both for normal driving as well as for autonomous driving. We are constantly growing and are now looking for a new IT Manager. Do you like taking ownership of your projects and do you want to work in a holistic and business-related role within IT? Do you want to work with innovative technology in a position where you can use your technical expertise together with thinking strategically? As an AI company, we handle huge amounts of data, which need to be accessible in different sites all over the world. Is this something you feel comfortable in developing with us further? Maybe you are working as IT Project Manager or IT Operations Manager and are ready for the next step in your career?
We provide a high-tech working environment in an exciting and expanding business where you will have great opportunities for personal development, challenges and lots of fun. You will work with highly talented people and join in our open, inclusive and creative culture. We believe in true teamwork where everyone is important. You find us in modern premises at Järntorget, in the city-center of Gothenburg, with great access by bus, tram, bike, boat, and car. And on top of that the most tasteful coffee in Gothenburg!
Work description As IT Manager and leader of your own team at Smart Eye, you are responsible for the company's IT infrastructure. This includes the day-to-day operations and maintenance of the current infrastructure, as well as planning for and realizing that of tomorrow. You will drive ensuring that our IT environments is always secure, updated and efficient.
You will manage, prioritize and implement IT requirements for the entire organization. You will manage both in-house and out-sourced resources to implement these requirements. You will need to be hands on during implementation, leading by example. SmartEye's current infrastructure is a hybrid environment, with data centers in Gothenburg as well as substantial AWS based assets. You will play a major role in continuing to evolve the direction of this hybrid environment.
As IT Manager, you will work in close collaboration with the various development teams at Smart Eye, the company's external IT partners and our management to develop the company's IT and business strategy, where your overall picture and future vision of Smart Eye’s IT environment is an important part. As IT Manager at Smart Eye, you will have the opportunity to work with the latest technology together with highly competent colleagues in one of Gothenburg's exciting tech companies. Reporting to: CTO
Location: Smart Eye AB, Headquarters (Gothenburg)
- College degree in a relevant field, or equivalent industry experience.
- 8+ years of IT experience, with 4+ years in an IT leadership role
- Demonstrated success in planning and executing strategic IT projects.
- Significant experience in IT operations in a hybrid working environment (data center based operations and AWS).
- Significant experience in both data privacy and cybersecurity
- Experience in IT support of Microsoft products such as Active Directory, Outlook/Exchange and Sharepoint.
- You have been responsible for internal procurement of IT systems and services.
- You have knowledge of GNU/Linux and Open Source environments.
- Strong communication skills with fluency in both Swedish and English and willingness to support creating an effective organization regarding internal usage of IT tools and services.
- You have experience in managing personnel.
- Experience of high availability IT operations.
- Experience in conducting internal audits (e.g. security, privacy).
- Asset Management experience Who are you? We welcome all types of personalities and believe in a true mix of people to create a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to work independently in an environment that changes rapidly.
- A positive, enthusiastic, open, entrepreneurial attitude and a willingness to work closely with all other functions within Smart Eye to achieve needed growth.
- Strong analytical, creative skills. Independent, self-driven, thorough, curious and with a strong interest in new technologies.
- Travel will occur occasionally as SmartEye is a global company with offices in Denmark, the USA and Egypt along with other smaller locations. Interviews are held on a continuous basis, so we highly recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience. Welcome with your application. Smart Eye is the global leader in Human Insight AI, technology that understands, supports and predicts human behavior in complex environments. Together with our subsidiaries Affectiva and iMotions, we are bridging the gap between humans and machines for a safe and sustainable future.
Today, our technology is embedded in next-generation vehicles, leading the way towards human-centric mobility through Driver Monitoring Systems and Interior Sensing solutions. Our Research Instruments offer unparalleled insights into automotive, aviation, assistive technology, behavioral science and many more fields.
Our subsidiary Affectiva is humanizing technology by pioneering Emotion AI, helping companies gain a deeper understanding of how consumers engage with their content, products and services, in automotive, media & entertainment, market research and beyond.
Our subsidiary iMotions provides the world’s leading biosensor software platform, that synchronizes data streams in real time from multiple sensors.
Smart Eye was founded in 1999 and is headquartered in Sweden with offices in the US, UK, Germany, Denmark, Egypt, Japan, Singapore and China. A publicly traded company since 2016, our customers include NASA, Nissan, Boeing, Honeywell, Volvo, GM, BMW, Geely, Harvard University, over 1,300 research organizations around the world, 70% of the world’s largest advertisers and 28% of the Fortune Global 500 companies.
Visit www.smarteye.ai for more information.