On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
Who you are
We are looking for ambitious people with significant drive! We need problem solvers, initiative takers, people that see opportunities and potential to improve. You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast-paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level - thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to deliver and grow as an individual. At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent in doing so.
What you will do
As a Risk Control Manager, your main goal is to identify and manage any obstacle that could hinder Klarna to meet our strategic objectives and ensure that Klarna acts within the set risk appetite set by the board and CEO.
As Risk Manager, in the second line of defence, you will be responsible for supporting the UK Head of Risk to ensure that the UK businesses risk management framework is aligned with regulatory requirements, industry best practices, and the company's strategic objectives. You will play a critical role in identifying, assessing, and mitigating risks across various areas, including credit, operational, market, liquidity, and business risks.
This role requires good risk management experience and excellent communication skills to work effectively with Group functions and internal and external stakeholders.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Support the implementation of a comprehensive risk management framework.
- Coordinate the reporting of risk appetite statements and limits for UK through working with the UK senior management and supporting the Board to review and approve
- Oversee the identification, assessment, monitoring, and reporting of risks across the organization, providing guidance and support to manage risks effectively including facilitating operational risk assessments and performing independent follow-up
- Support the business and challenge on major business changes as they apply to the UK
- Review and coordinate risk assessment process and challenge on incident and business continuity processes to ensure they meet business and regulatory needs
- Contribute to the quarterly independent opinion on the risk profile of the business from the Risk Control function for the UK Board
- Collaborate with key stakeholders, including senior management, business units, and external partners, to ensure effective communication and implementation of risk management initiatives.
You should have:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as Business or Finance
- Applicable work experience in a risk management function or consulting/audit environment of +5 years
- Experience across multiple risk types including enterprise, operational and credit
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to use data to inform decision-making
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate complex ideas to a variety of stakeholders
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team environment
- Proven track record of delivering successful products and projects on time and within budget
You might also have:
- An understanding of data extraction and manipulation, as well as programming languages is a plus (SQL, R, Python, MatLab, Java, C# etc…)
How to apply
Send over a CV in English.
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, hybrid within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.