On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
Klarna is looking for new members to strengthen its Financial Crimes Compliance team. As a member of our Business Operations Competence you should always first ask yourself, “What’s best for the company? Couldn’t we do it in another better way instead?” Your expertise and your never ending desire to learn more will drive your professional development. You are in the driver’s seat!
As a member of the SAR Gateway team within Financial Crimes Compliance, you will play a key role in fulfilling our compliance and regulatory requirements as a bank. You will ensure that Klarna files high quality regulatory reports, provide feedback to first line AML investigators, and monitor emerging SAR trends. You will identify complex investigations, review SAR narratives, and escalate them to the Money Laundering Reporting Officers.
What you’ll do:
- Supporting the Financial Crimes Compliance team and the Money Laundering Reporting Officers in ensuring that the Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) produced by the operations teams satisfy regulatory expectations.
- Reviewing investigations and SAR drafts to ensure processes have been followed and all SARs contain the required information.
- Assess the quality of the investigation, the written SARs, derive typologies and provide feedback to the investigations teams.
- Approve or reject SARs in accordance with procedures and industry standards and ensure that SARs are filed within regulatory and procedural timeframes.
- Undertake Quality Assurance activities to identify opportunities to enhance processes and provide training to investigations teams.
- Engage with stakeholders in Compliance and the investigations teams to ensure good collaboration and working relationships.
- Undertake efforts to identify financial crimes trends impacting Klarna’s products and customers.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and regulatory developments.
- Thriving in an agile, dynamic environment, and being your best self in an ever changing and growing team.
What you’ll need:
- 3+ years relevant work experience in anti-money laundering investigations within the financial services, FinTech, or payments processing sector
- proven excellence in interacting with internal business teams and stakeholders
- conducting ongoing compliance monitoring and quality assurance
- knowledge and/or experience with relevant legislation and regulation is an asset (including, but not limited to, the anti-money laundering laws for the US, UK, Germany, and Sweden)
- and most importantly – you should be passionate about financial crimes prevention and compliance
Please submit your CV in English
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, hybrid within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.