Saab is growing and we are changing our Group IT organisation to cope with the new and changing demands from our businesses and customers. Group IT is a central organisation responsible for IT deliveries and services to whole of Saab. Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the field of air, land and naval defense and civil security. Now the company is in an expansion phase that will challenge all parts of the company. We are approximately 19 000 employees globally and have operations on all continents. Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer multiple opportunities for advancing in your career. By joining Group IT, you will work in an innovative environment with many skilled colleagues, contributing towards keeping people and society safe.Your future role
Your role will be one of several IT Line Managers within Service Area IT Operations and you will report to the Department Manager for Operational Control.
As an IT Line Manager, you will be responsible for managing our highly competent people, employees as well as consultants, within one of the following sections:
- Access Management
- Identity Management
You will have up to 25 people reporting directly to you, and you will work in close collaboration together with Service Owners and Service Managers, who are responsible for delivering and developing our IT services, as well as Project Managers for projects that are in need of competencies included in your team.
Your main responsibilities/tasks will be:
- Manage and be accountable for all personnel within your organization
- Resource Management (resource planning, request management and consultant management)
- Recruitment and on-boarding as well as off-boarding of employees and consultants
- Competence development and strategic workforce planning
- Manage and reduce risks in regards to single competencies and critical resources
- Collaboration with key stakeholders
- Personnel budget within your organization
- Manage occupational health, safety and risk issues as well as personnel security
At Saab IT, we are currently developing our ways-of-working. You are expected to be a role model in this transformation and to be an active driver in the continuous improvement toward a more cross-functional and agile way of working. You will be located in one of our locations in Alvik, Malmö or Göteborg.
This position requires that you pass a security vetting based on the current regulations around security protection. For positions requiring security clearance additional obligations on citizenship may apply.Your profile
To succeed in the role, you must be proactive and future oriented and have a great interest in people development. Furthermore, we believe you have a customer oriented and business-like focus, with a good analytical and solution focused mindset. You are an excellent team player but also used to work independently. To thrive with us, you need to be service minded and like to work in an environment where conditions can change at short notice based on users' needs. Your most important quality is that you have the will, interest and commitment to learn.
For the role of IT Line Manager, we believe that you have the following skills or experiences:
What You Will Be Part Of
- Acknowledged leadership skills
- Experience in IT Service Management
- Experience from people management and resource planning
- You are positive, engaging and enjoy working in a changing environment
- Excellent communicative skills in both Swedish and English
- Master/Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent work experience within relevant area
Saab IT is a core business enabler, making it possible for Saab’s business to push intellectual and technological boundaries. We are about 1100 people in 30 different locations all over the world, close to the business and always one step ahead, to anticipate and deliver tomorrows IT demand.
Read more about our company here, and if you want to know our people, here you can find some stories told by our employees.Saab is a company with a strong people-orientation. We offer a friendly work environment where we support and help each other to be at our best. Continuous learning, career & talent development and employee well-being are examples of areas where we always put the strongest effort to offer great opportunities.