Did you know that we facilitate over half of the world’s lithium battery production? And that 1 out of 7 meals worldwide have been produced in facilities equipped with our climate control? Munters has been a pioneer of sustainable air treatment solutions since 1955. Today our technology is more relevant than ever and is mission-critical for the production of medicine to the running of data centers. Together we work to support our customers in creating a healthier planet. Come work for us and be a part of this exciting journey.
Munters wants to reinforce its position as the leading strategic partner for smart, connected energy-efficient climate and dehumidification solutions, and the partner of choice for customers on their sustainability journey. The threat of climate change has brought on a fast-faced evolving legislative landscape, with high priority on product environmental impact reduction and Corporate Sustainability Reporting. Munters products require energy to function, therefore over 90% of Munters carbon footprint comes from the Scope 3 emissions of products over their lifespan. Therefore, improvements to the product energy efficiency can afford dramatic reduction of our corporate environmental footprint, as we continue to provide best-in-class innovative and reliable technology. The SBTi, Science Based Targets initiative, is a global initiative of companies who want to set realistic and achievable goals for their decarbonization journey. Munters ambition is to join SBTi and set such targets for 2025, 2030 and beyond.
We are looking for an employee who will support us in analyzing and strengthening our comprehension of the SBTi requirements and translating our ambition into an outline of our current product portfolio technology development needs. We need an engineer that can take the corporate sustainability universe as a basis for setting tangible targets on energy efficiency and Scope 3 reduction.
This position will actively work on research around new systems and new concepts to apply to Munters dehumidification, cooling and carbon capture technology offering.
As a change agent to tomorrow’s Munters, you will report to the Global Eco-design Manager within Group Innovation and contribute to creating a robust roadmap to achieve Science Based Targets and corporate Scope 3 emissions reduction targets. The position is ideally suited for an energy engineer with a track record within sustainability, life cycle analysis (LCA), thermodynamics, and technology research and development.Responsibilities
Experience And Job Requirements
- Analyse the SBTi requirements and the current Product Portfolio of Munters especially with respect to Dehumidification, Air Treatment Systems, and Cooling.
- Contribute to setting SBTs and especially a target for Scope 3 emissions reduction, and implement a roadmap to achieve them.
- Work on feasibility studies and proof on concept for new thermodynamic solutions to improved energy efficiency, such as water harvesting applied to heat exchange, and others.
- Collaborate to explore carbon capture solutions together with the Munters head of carbon capture and quantify the relative corporate Scope 3 improvement.
- Support Munters organization with LCA calculation when and where necessary
- Read, analyze and correctly summarize complex external documents, such as legislation related to corporate sustainability, ecodesign directives, etc (SBTi, EPRS, etc.).
- Act as change agent for introduction of new concepts and technology within BA R&D organizations. Be able to explain and present novel approaches to more energy efficient products in meetings internally.
- Assists Eco-design manager in collaboration with external partners when required.
Education & job location
- Have a solid energy engineering background and understanding of thermodynamics, energy, physics.
- Capability to carry out an LCA, even if not highly skilled in the practice, and understanding of the outputs of Environmental Impact Assessments.
- Experience in factory/production EHS is preferred.
- Experience from an HVAC field is a plus.
- A basic knowledge of Corporate Sustainability Reporting is a plus.
- Able to navigate a large international and cross-functional organization like Munters, have a proactive attitude and drive to gather technical information for products or projects, even without a formal reporting authority.
- Able to work globally and build strong networks, able to build bridges and trust across Munters.
- Show good collaboration skills and be recognized as a leader in the technology development subjects.
- Able to contribute to long-term product development and sustainability strategies.
- Master’s degree in engineering or physics, ideally energy or mechanical engineer, with a focus on heat transfer, cooling, and/or focus on environmental issues (i.e. air treatment, carbon capture). Minimum five years’ work experience. Experience from B2B industrial product companies.
- LCA practice at least on a rudimental level (SimaPro preferred).
- Communication skills: fluency in English; other languages beneficial.
- Job location: Europe
- Travel: This position will require the candidate to travel occasionally but globally, mostly EU and US.
How is it working at Munters? Meet your future colleagues.